Thursday, October 30, 2014

Day of the Dead 2014 - Dia de los Muertos

Day of the Dead is the time of year that many folks go to the cemetery and visit with their loved ones that have passed before them.  By placing flowers on their graves, and sitting and talking to them, we pay respects to our relatives and remember them in our hearts.

For today's card, I wanted vibrant colors and wanted to capture the sparkling, elaborate sugar skulls that you can buy in the markets (or for the talented, you can make your own).  I used the neon colored inks from Hero Arts to stamp the pattern on the card fronts.  Then I stamped my skulls on white cardstock, covered it in double sided adhesive, covered the whole sheet in ultra-fine glitter and then colored it with neon Copic markers.  I love the sparkle that my skulls ended up with, and hope the pictures do them justice.






SUPPLIES:

Stamp:  (Sugar Skulls) Bombshell Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment