Sunday, July 7, 2013

Welcome Back

My online card class starts on Monday – and I thought I would do one more card before it starts and I have "homework" to do.  A very sweet and kind friend starts back to work tomorrow after being out on maternity leave.  Tomorrow will be the first day that she will leave her little cutie home while she heads back to the office, so I wanted to make her a card letting her know that we are thrilled she is back even though it will be rough on her for the next few weeks.




The style of this card is a Joy Fold Card – sort of a card within a card.  Very simple and it gives you the opportunity to use five different coordinating prints – I really feel that I am using up a 6X6 paper pad! 

I also used my Distress Markers – and did a little wash over white embossing (Kristina Werner just did a similar technique on her blog).  You can see the one I used, but below is a picture of the first attempt – I really wanted to fit all the colors of the paper into the wash, and no amount of water could wash it all away (I tried, trust me).

I cannot wait until class – I am always so inspired by the teachers and fellow students!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (fresh 6X6 paper pad) Authentique
Stamp:  (Quick Cards – Shell) CTMH, (Tilted Banner Sayings) Simon Says Stamp!
Ink:    Versamark, (pumice stone distress ink) Ranger
Distress Markers: tumbled glass, broken china, pumice stone
Dies: (tilted banners) Simon Says Stamp!
Other:  (baubles) Tim Holtz Ideaology, Embossing Powder (White Zing) American Crafts; (twilight ribbon) CTMH

1 comment: