Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pre-Class Challenge 2

For the second pre-class challenge, the goal was to create a card using a sketch.  Instead of circles, I decided to make windows in the card.  I changed the size of the card to a 6X6 so that my circle windows would fit.  Then I went to my “never used” craft stash – and found a gnome stamp set, and gnome paper and gnome sayings stamp set.  Who knew I had that entire gnome thing going on, and had yet to use any of it?

Out of sheer laziness, I did not want to drag out my Copic markers, so instead I did a lot of paper piecing and basic marker coloring.  Although the sketch did not have the buttons, I had to use the ones I found in my stash that matched the mushrooms (I think they were old Christmas ones but they match the card perfectly). 
I am having so much fun with the challenges; I cannot wait until class starts!
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper:  (Gnome Sweet Gnome 6X6 Paper Pad) My Mind’s Eye
Stamp:  (Gnome Sweet Gnome, Critters in the Forest) Lawn Fawn,  (Gnomenclature) Stampin Up!
Ink:    (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Vintage Photo Distress Ink) Ranger
Dies: (Standard Circles Large) Spellbinders
Other:  various Stampin Up! markers, white gel pen, buttons

1 comment:

  1. Love your card -- so cute! And I like that you came up with this from your "never used" craft stash. Gives me hope for mine :) I'm also really looking forward to this class.

    ReplyDelete