Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pre Class Challenge 1

This card was done for the first pre class challenge for the Summer Card Camp 2 online class I am taking.  It has been a long time since I took an online course, and I decided that I needed the creative reboot.
It was a color challenge, and I pulled out a stack of ink pads that I have never opened.  The coral color was a bit dark for the peachy color I needed so I inked up my stamp, stamped off on scratch paper, and used the second generation color which worked for me. 

After I finished the card, I thought it looked a little flat, so I fussy cut some flowers and foam squared them over their flat counterparts. 
 I did up liking the look of the card, but it really took some brain power and that was just the pre class activity!
 SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (Basic Gray) Stampin Up!
Patterned Paper:  (Life of the Party 6X6 paper pad) My Mind’s Eye
Stamp:  (Pocket Full of Posies) Technique Tuesday
Ink:    (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Grey Wool) CTMH, (Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Calypso Coral) Stampin Up!

2 comments:

  1. I love this card--it's so bright and cheerful. Good job with the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good balance of designs. Very artfully done.

    ReplyDelete