Saturday, June 1, 2013

First Wedding Card of 2013

I received my first wedding invite this year, which means summer is approaching!  This card is a bit bigger than the usual ones I make because I want to stick a gift card into it – it is 8.5 X 5.5 (basically an 8.5 X 11 sheet of cardstock folded in half).

After surveying the wedding stamps (especially sayings), it looks like I need a few new stamps (that is my story, and I am sticking to it).  I used two stamps that are old 2004 Stampin Up, ones that I have not used in years, and cannot find the names or which stamp sets they belonged to. 

I laughed when I completed the card, because I lost complete focus on the fact that this card has to be mailed across the country.  Between the flowers, butterflies and puffy bow, mailing is almost amusing – fortunately, there is a picture of it prior to “flattening” by the postal service. 

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzaz) Stampin Up!
Patterned Paper: (Fresh 6X6 Paper Pad) Authentique Paper
Stamp:  (A Word For You) Stampin Up!
Ink:    (Graphite Black Brilliance) Tsukineko, (Pumice Stone Distress Ink) Ranger
Markers: (Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzaz) Stampin Up!
Dies: (Apothecary Accents Framelits) Stampin Up!
Other:  (flowers) Prima, (seam binding) CTMH, (star dust) stickles, (Rouge Sparklets) Kaisercraft

No comments:

Post a Comment