Saturday, June 8, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Summer is here, the warm weather (or really warm weather in California) is finally here and it is time to give a shout out to all fathers!  I wanted to make my father a card that would appeal to the sports fan in him - no flowers for him. 

I have never colored grey hair before, and I found the color combo I used during a search online.  I think it looks too blue with the blue and red paper combo, so I will try a different combo next time.  I paper pieced the shirt, and cut off the sleeves to make a vest and t-shirt combo for a little more of a dad look.   Then I finished up the card with white faux stitching on both the chair and the postage stamp die cut.

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red) Stampin Up!
Patterned Paper:  (Dots & Stripes Metropolitan Collection) Echo Park Paper Co.
Stamp:  (Sitting Casual) The Greeting Farm, (All Men Sentiments) AmyR Stamps
Ink:    (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Graphite Black) Brillance
Copics: E000, E00, E11, E59, R20, C00, C1, C3, B34, B37, B60
Dies: (Small Folded Banners) Simon Says Stamp!, (Postage Stamps, Classic Squares Small) Spellbinders
Other:  (harvest baker’s twine) CTMH, buttons, (white uniball gel pen) Signo

No comments:

Post a Comment