Thursday, April 11, 2013

Birthday Accordion Card

During the retreat last October with Krazy Kreations, we received the pattern for an accordion card – and naturally we made a really amazing Halloween card.  I kept the accordion card pattern (naturally, as I am a professional craft hoarder, lol) and decided to make a bright and cheery birthday card.

The only real challenge to these cards is to ensure you know which “way is up” on your pattern paper in relation to the template you are cutting out.  Half of what I cut was upside down even when I reminded myself to pay attention.  My mother, who was an amazing seamstress, could match patterns and plaids in her head and to my knowledge rarely made a mistake.  Apparently, this is a gift that just bypassed me at high speed!



 
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (Desert Sand, Cocoa) CTMH
Patterned Paper:  (Ocean Dot, Passion Fruit Dot, Sweet Tooth Collection) Bo Bunny
Stamp:  (Birthday Anya) The Greeting Farm, (Appetizers) Gourmet Rubber Stamps
Ink:    (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Graphite Black) Brilliance
Copics: E55, E57, E71, E77, BG13, BG15, RV13, RV14, RV17, skin (E11, E00, E13, R20), hair (YR20, YR21, E34, E35)
Dies: (Window Frames Collection) Stampin Up!,  (Mini Tattered Floral Set) Tim Holtz
Other:  (Magenta stickles) Ranger,  (Happy Day brads) SEI,  (glitter tape) American Crafts, (flowers) Prima

No comments:

Post a Comment