Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter Butterflight

I bought the Tim Holtz die Butterflight – and decided that I wanted to recreate the look on the package – individual painted butterflies in a row.  I picked the paper pack I wanted to use, then the paints to coordinate, and then stashed it away in the craft closet for over a year.  Flash to a year later, and I am trying to decide what to use for Easter cards (since I completely missed Valentine’s Day – and took flak from my loved ones – I was not missing Easter).  I found the Butterflight die (with paint and paper), and thought what the heck, that looks like spring.  I also made some unsavory comments directed at the mound of stuff still piled in my crafts’ closet of shame.



The flowers are made with lace and Glubers (giant round glue dots) and were not as easy as I remember from class, I ended up constantly pulling the thin lace up and trying again.  I think the satin ruffle trim is much easier to do.  However, it is done, complete, and now I can wish my family a very springy Easter! 


SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (Basic Gray) Stampin Up!
Patterned Paper: (Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks) My Mind’s Eye
Stamp:  (Celebrate Everyday) Hero Arts
Ink:    (Rich Cocoa) Memento, (Tea Dye) Distress Ink Ranger
Other:  Embossing Powder (Silver) Ranger, Paint Dabbers (Sandal, Cool Peri, Salmon, Cloudy Blue, Brown Sugar) Ranger, Die (Butterflight) Tim Holtz for Sizzix, grungepaper, misc. bling

No comments:

Post a Comment