Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Birthday Cat

Hello!  With all the stress of implementing a new automated system at work, I was surprised to find myself feeling a bit creative suddenly.  The project at work has gone on for several years – and it has been a drain on everyone involved.  However, the first phase has gone live, and apparently, my mind has gone to the artistic.  I grabbed the Dill Blossom paper stack as a starting point (it helps when everything coordinates), and a few older stamps that had never been inked up.  I even managed to use 3 dies that have been sitting around my craft room waiting for a little love. 

I found the little cat buttons at Stampers Corner, my favorite craft place – all you have to do is snip the shank off of the back of each button before you glue them down.  I enjoyed building the little chair tableau – starting with the “rug”, made with an old Stampin Up! background stamp, and drawing the fringe and stitching with a coordinating marker.    

I used the leftover paper scraps to decorate the inside of the card – no waste!  I know a few cat lovers, and this is just the perfect card for one of their birthdays!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper:  (Dill Blossom 4X6 Paper Stack) SEI
Stamp:  (Wish You Were Here, Find Joy) Hero Arts, (Letter Patterns) Stampin Up!
Ink:    (Desert Sand pen and ink pad) CTMH, Versamark
Dies: (Apothecary Accents Framelits) Stampin Up!, (Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Standard Circles Large) Spellbinders, (Mini Tattered Floral Set) Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Other:  Embossing Powder (White) Ranger, (Coral Sparklets) Kaisercraft, (Burlap Ribbon) CTMH, cat buttons

1 comment: