Thursday, July 5, 2012

Glitter Cards

Last year I attended a class sponsored by Krazy Kreations.  The technique in the class involved covering cardstock in adhesive, burnishing glitter into it, placing peel offs on top and finishing by coloring with Copics.  Naturally, I purchased everything I needed to make more cards (and then some), and here it is another year has gone by and I have finally made a few cards.  I used the same layout for all three cards but mixed up the colors – the Picadilly line of paper really has a lot of variety.  I struggled with the layout – I picked out the paper and copics – colored the flowers and then let the project sit on my work table for several weeks.  Sometimes it helps just to think about a project for a while – today I finally got an idea and worked through it!



SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Black) CTMH
Patterned Paper:  (Picadilly 6X6 paper pad) Basic Grey
Copics: various
Dies: (Classic Scalloped Circles Large) Spellbinders
Punches:  (oval, scallop oval) Stampin Up!
Peel Offs:  (Text #390, 324 ) Starform, (Outline #2530) Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other:  (ribbon) May Arts, (baker’s twine – neutral assortment) CTMH, (buttons) CTMH, wide Sookwang adhesive, fine white glitter

1 comment: