Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 9 – Stretch - Outline

This week has gotten so busy – I ended up making two batches of lemon bars after work along with everything else that usually needs to get done.  My crafting time has been limited – so this card has been in pieces since Wednesday.  As I did last Friday night – I hope to catch up this evening!

This card was inspired by the online class (Maile Belles’ card) – strips of paper color blocked, side by side, and an outline stamp embossed on white.  Naturally, my colors and stamp were different, but truly the cards are very similar.  I did add a technique from another card, which was embossing the image onto patterned paper and cutting out (that little tiny car).  I still do not know how straight strips of paper end up a little wonky at the bottom, I actually took strips off and replaced since the original was really off.
Here is a little hint - remember to remove the masking paper prior to heat embossing.  Trust me.
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (white) Papertrey Ink, scraps
Stamp:  (Metropolis) Paper Smooches
Ink:    Versamark ink pad and pen
Other:  white embossing powder, ribbon

3 comments:

  1. The blues for a night scene are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the scene you created with your color blocking and I really love the idea of doing that technique on only part of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did here, such a great card!

    ReplyDelete