Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 7 – Stretch - Floral

My card today was inspired by Kristina’s card – I loved the idea of using neutrals to color flowers - a really out of the box idea for me to embrace.  I started the card by using the Tim Holtz Embossing Diffuser and a dot embossing folder to create an overall texture but with a small oval frame that was not embossed.  I have never tried the embossing diffuser prior – and it really was simple.  Then I stamped my flowers in a very light ink – and outlined them with a T1 Copic marker (a technique I learned on Papertrey Ink’s blog).  

I really like the soft muted effect – I added lace and pearls, and kept the card very “ladylike”. 
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (Cream) Papertrey Ink, (Kraft) Stampin Up!
Stamp:  (Flutter By) Lawn Fawn, (Magical Wishes) Amy R Stamps
Ink:    (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink, (Wet Cement) Hero Arts
Copics: T1
Other:  (pearls, adhesive lace) Hero Arts, (dot embossing folder) Provo Craft, (Tim Holtz Embossing Diffuser) Sizzix, (scallop border punch, scallop oval punch) Stampin Up!

1 comment:

  1. This is SO elegant. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete