Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 2 - Stretch Class - Collage

Day 2 of class – and I get to use one of my favorite Hero Arts collage background stamps – and a new (meaning – I have had it for two years and never inked it up once) Stampin Up! stamp.  Following Jennifer’s example of wiping off some of the ink from the collage in the middle, I instead inked the middle of the stamp with the lighter Tea Dye and the outside of the stamp with the darker Gathered Twigs. 


It is such a simple card, but the technique really makes a focal point.  The great things I am learning in class!  Oh, and today was best described as “taxing” – to the point a cupcake sacrificed itself to the cause (a chocolate chip cookie cupcake) – but I was in a terrific mood afterwards for crafting!
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Fantasy, Make Me Smile from Happy Together collection) Fancy Pants Designs
Stamp:   (Old Letter) Hero Arts, (C is for Cat) Stampin Up!
Ink:     (Soft Pool) Hero Arts, Versamark, (Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs) Distress Ink by Ranger
 Other:  (Pool mixed accents) Hero Arts, ribbon, clear embossing powder

2 comments: