Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 1- Stretch Your Stamps Card Class

I signed up for another card class from www.onlinecardclasses.com about a month ago – and today is the first day of class.  It sounded like a good idea at the time – however, now it coincides with a renewed eating plan and the start of an exercise plan this past week.  Basically, I feel a lot like the character in the movie Airplane who kept stating “I picked a bad week to give up ... (insert addiction)”.  So while I dream of comfy chairs, television viewing and chocolate – I tried to come up with a cheery card in contrast to my mood. 

While chanting “keep it simple” – I stamped my background stamp on a simple white card and then reinked the stamp in Versamark and kissed my flower stamp to it (in order to emboss in white).  I have the punch that matches the flower stamp, so it made quick work cutting out the embossed flower.  I finished by adding a sentiment, ribbon and leaves (just like Jennifer taught us in a prior class).  Best of all, I used a background stamp that I bought at least a year ago and have never used!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green) Stampin Up!
Stamp:  (Striped Circle) Hero Arts, (Mixed Bunch) Stampin Up!, (Good Gab) Paper Smooches
Ink:    (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Night Chalk Ink) Hero Arts
Other:  (Raspberry Ripple ribbon, flower punch) Stampin Up!, (circle shape maker) Creative Memories, (white embossing powder) American Crafts

2 comments: