Yesterday all of the students received a Bonus Day of ideas and videos – always exciting! I cannot say I really love the card I came up with – but I like the techniques used (no fault of the teachers, just my stubbornness to use items I had on hand - sort of the point of my efforts right now).
I cut out a die cut in black print for the front of my card and attached it. Then I die cut the interior with a smaller matching die, leaving a border (and a hole in the front of the card). I wanted to use the stamped image that corresponds with the die and have it hang off the side of the card (but it just did not look balanced), instead I used the interior piece that I cut out and layered it on the inside of the card. I distressed all the edges of the card both with ink and a distressing tool. I stamped my sentiment and then cut out with the matching die. Finally, I gathered all my embellishments into the open spot on the card front (mainly so the card could open up, plus I liked the composition).
It is an interesting card – the paper is rather loud (another had to buy it because it was “on sale” at the expo). I really like the inside of the card. However, I now have another idea in my head using the same dies and techniques, so it is not a complete wasted effort.
Hope you have a great week!
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Eau De Parfume from Vintage Vogue collection) Pink Paislee
Stamp: (World Treasures) Stampin Up!
Ink: (Versafine) Tsukineko
Dies: (Framelits Apothecary Accents, Floral Frames) Stampin Up! and Sizzix
Other: (brads and paper rosettes) Pink Paislee