Monday, June 4, 2012

Birthday Princess in Blue

I just got back from taking care of a friend that had emergency surgery.  I should say “tried” since I never feel that I can do much but try and “feed and water” the patient, and then try to entertain them (being that I am not that entertaining).  As always, she was a marvelous hostess – even though she was supposed to be the patient, and was in pain so much of the time.  I am glad that I was able to try to assist – with a little laundry, grocery shopping and plant watering. 

This card was created with a specific person in mind – a fan of Cinderella to be specific.  I enjoy making cards for specific people sometimes, because you can tailor the card to their likes.  After paper piecing the dress, I added some shimmer paper to the crown and dress – and then covered in Stickles, just to get the glitz that I wanted on the card.  This is a new hair color I am trying out for a lighter brown hair – I found the combination searching the blogs and then tweaked the colors slightly since I do not own all the copic colors (unlike several of my friends – yes, you know who you are!).  I really did not leave sufficient space for the sentiment – so it is squeezed onto the card.  Another learning lesson!
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Shimmer Blue) Creative Memories
Patterned Paper: (LilyKate 6X6 Paper Pad) Basic Grey
Stamp:  (Princess Anya) The Greeting Farm, (Magical Wishes) Amy R Stamps
Ink:    (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Onyx Black) Versafine, (Malted Milk) Jenni Bowlin for Ranger
Copics:  (E35, E37, E57) Hair, (E000, E00, E11, R20) Skin
Dies: (Mistletoe, Fairwee Tiny Scallop) C.C. Designs, (Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Classic Ovals Large) Spellbinders
Other:  (Diamond Stickles) Ranger, (Daisy Crazy Collection) Prima, (glitter brads) Creative Imaginations

No comments:

Post a Comment