Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy early mother’s day to my mother and to all mothers out there! It is not an easy job – but where would we be without you. This was not the card I planned to make for the big day, but with the clock ticking down, it is the card that I completed. 

I am thrilled with the sentiment stamp – Amy R has a wonderful line of sentiments and this one came out last month.  Yeah!  I also tried out the stamp and die cut set by Sizzix and Hero Arts.  I purchased it a while ago, but had not had the chance until now.  I cannot believe how nice and close the dies cut out the stamped images – easy to line up!  I do not have the set listed below, because there is no name on the set – only a number – 657776.  I also used the stamp off technique (and then rolling just the edges of the stamp back into the ink) in order to create a multi toned flower with just one color ink.  Making the rosette out of crepe paper was an interesting endeavor – I know there has to be an easier way to do it! 

Anyway, please have a great weekend!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Random 6X6 paper pad) Crate Paper
Stamp:  (All About Mom Sentiments) Amy R Stamps
Ink:    (Grass, Punch) Chalk Ink by Hero Arts; (Stone Wash) Mid-tone Shadow Ink by Hero Arts; (Onyx Black) Versafine
Dies: (Beaded Circles, Classic Ric Rac) Spellbinders
Other:  crepe paper; (Lime Twist twine) My Mind’s Eye; (Diamond) Stickles by Ranger; buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment