Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mimi the Mermaid

My friend’s daughter has always liked mermaids – and every time I see one, I think of her.  She is a grown woman now, but in my mind she is still a child (sorry kiddo!).  When I saw the Penny Black “Mimi the Mermaid” I had to buy it – especially since it was a limited item.

I was at a friend’s home when I made this card, so I did not have my normal craft arsenal at my fingertips and had to get creative (I did not want to tear her craft room apart like I do my own).  I used cream cardstock, a sizzix starfish embossing folder and lots of Distress ink to make my three dimensional embellishment.  I also discovered the Viva Décor pens – which my hostess had a collection of – in pearls and crystal colors – oh my, another thing to buy!  The shell of the turtle, starfish and Mimi’s shell top all have Glossy Accents on them to give more dimension to the card.
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey, misc. scrap
Stamp:  (mimi the mermaid) Penny Black
Ink:   (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (scattered straw Distress) Ranger
Copics: various
Other:  (Glossy Accents) Ranger, (dots and swirls embossing folder, starfish) Sizzix, (Label 19) Spellbinders, (aqua glaze) Viva Décor pen

No comments:

Post a Comment