Thursday, May 17, 2012

Graduation

I cannot believe how time flies – one of my friends has two children graduating – one from high school and the other from college.   It seems like they were just little kids last year – and now, they are adults!  So for the occasion, I made two different cards.
For the high school graduate – I made a card utilizing their school colors.  I dug out the embossing powder and heat gun to ensure a silver star. Naturally, because it is so glittery there is a glare in the picture from the shining star.


For the college graduate, I used the BE YOU collection from Fancy Pants.  It has some amazing quotes on it and thought it fit perfectly to the young adult that is now entering the workforce (I used a strip of quotes in the inside of the card - but failed to take a picture of it).  I pulled out some gromets to use in the upper right corner - I cannot remember the last time I used them, fortunately, a friend of mine gave me her old Crop-A-Dile II which made it so much easier!

SUPPLIES CARD 1:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink; (Black) CTMH
Patterned Paper: (Dotty for You) CTMH
Stamp:  (Sprinkled Expressions) Stampin Up!
Ink:    (Dazzle) VersaMark; (Onyx Black) Versafine
Dies:  (Labels Twelve) Spellbinders; (Monarch Border Die-namics) MFTStamps
Other:  stitched grosgrain ribbon; star brads; (silver tinsel embossing powder) Stampendous; (word window punch) Stampin Up!

SUPPLIES CARD 2:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (BE YOU collection – Strips, Nesting, Hide & Seek) Fancy Pants Designs
Stamp:  (happy everything) A Muse Studio
Ink:    (Onyx Black) Versafine; (Grass) A Muse Studio
Dies: (Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large) Spellbinders; (Curly-Q Border) C.C. Designs
Other:  Prima Flowers; brads; gromets

No comments:

Post a Comment