Monday, May 14, 2012

Belated Birthday

I meant to make a Birthday card for a friend of mine – and now her birthday has passed me by, by a month or so at this point.  Really, there is not any excuse I can give that justifies letting a birthday slip by.  Since I have been home this week, and I have not been able to do much at all, I finally got down to making the card – now I hope it does not take me an additional month to give it to her.
This is just simple stamping – creating a background and adding a sentiment.  I cut the scalloped square in the stamped background paper so that the mat would show through.  Then I stamped the sentiment and cut out with a square punch, and layered it over the scalloped square with foam squares to give a bit of dimension.  Finally I added stickles over each solid petal to give a raised and glittery appearance. 

After I tied the bow – I pulled a jeweled butterfly brad out of my brad drawer, and use it to anchor the bow. 
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Alluring from Kewl collection) Fancy Pants Designs
Stamp:  (Word Salad) Paper Smooches, (Small Solid Flower, Small Open Flower) Hero Arts
Ink:    (Seedless Preserves Distress) Ranger; (Iris Chalk) Hero Arts; (Onyx Black) Versafine
Dies:  (Classic Scalloped Squares Small) Spellbinders
Other:  (Crystal Stickles) Ranger, (Butterfly Brad) Creative Imaginations; 1 ¼” square punch,

No comments:

Post a Comment