Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy Easter

Sorry to say I have been swamped at work and have not had a chance to post in quite some time!  I planned on creating and sending out Saint Patrick’s Day, First Day of spring and April Fool’s Day cards – and yet those days all flew by and now I am finally making cards.  I included the picture of my prep area on my worktable – for those friends who think I am so neat and tidy, please take a good look at the photo!  It is a wonder I do not glue everything into one big pile much less to myself!

These cards all started with the Tim Holtz die – mini bunny and bow.  I saw the die and decided immediately to make little chocolate bunnies (out of grungepaper and crackle paint) – then I picked up the ribbon, and paper from Basic Grey that I had my eye on.  I am not sure if you are like me, but I will not buy crafting supplies until I have a reason to use them – so I am lucky that Stampers Corner still had this line of paper. Since I needed seven cards that were similar, I love the flexibility that a 6X6 paper pad provides with all the mix and match patterns.  While the cards are similar – each one is unique.

These cards are very straightforward, just a matter of cutting, distressing, layering and gluing.  I cut out the bunnies; painted them with a nice thick layer of crackle paint and then let them dry overnight.  I cut the bows out of grungepaper, dabbed paint on them and then covered them in stickles for a little texture and sparkle. 

Hope you are seeing a little bit of spring where you live!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink,  (Grungepaper) Tim Holtz Ideaology
Patterned Paper: (Hopscotch 6X6 paper pad) Basic Grey
Stamp:  (Celebrate Everyday) Hero Arts
Ink:    (Latte Chalk Ink) Hero Arts, (Vintage Photo Distress Ink) Ranger
Other:  (Sandal Acrylic Paint Dabber, Vintage Photo Distress Crackle Paint, Scattered Straw Distress Stickles) Ranger, (botanical flower mix) Prima, (mini bunny and bow) Sizzix, (Labels Twenty-Three) Spellbinders, (Gracious ribbon) American Crafts, (hopscotch buttons) Basic Grey

1 comment: