Monday, February 13, 2012

Mardi Gras

Wow - I just got back from a weekend crafting retreat hosted by Krazy Kreations - those ladies are a blast and I loved the two mini classes that they taught (was a wonderful birthday/Christmas present from a friend of mine).  Now I just need to catch up on some sleep!

I made this card several years ago – but never felt like it was finished.  This year I took another look at it, added a few rhinestones on the feathers and deemed it done.  I know that the sentiment is a retired stamp from Stampin Up! – but it fit the card just right.  I covered the sentiment in black ink, then wiped away the ink from the rubber on a few words and colored them in with markers.  Naturally you have to “huff” a bit prior to stamping in order to moisten the ink again.

The rest of the card involved keeping to the colors of Mardi Gras and adding a little bling here and there.  This year I’ll be mailing the card out – so for all - Laissez les bon temps rouler!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (purple, green and gold glitter) American Crafts
Patterned Paper: (Kewl collection)  Fancy Pants Designs
Stamp:  (Mardi Gras Martini) Impression Obsession, Inc., (Edgy Eloquence) Stampin Up!
Ink:    (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Other: (crystal Stickles) Ranger,  (blue rhinestones) Queen & Co., square glitter brads, Stampin Up! markers

1 comment: