Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dance in the Rain

Hello!  This card all started when I fell for the Baja Breeze color at Stampin Up!  I just had to purchase the stitched ribbon that was on sale – but I had no idea yet what to do with it.  Then I saw the cloud paper (at Stampers Corner, Elk Grove) and I just had to buy it – and then I found the stamp which just made a perfect match (along with those tiny little buttons) and had to buy those also!  Then I had to snag up all the new colors of Copic markers and the Spellbinder’s die. Plus I picked up goodies for Easter cards, and Mother’s Day cards and Talk Like a Pirate Day cards (yes, you read that last part correctly).   In all, it was not pleasant when I checked out – although Deborah who rang me up was just as nice as always.  At least I think it was Deborah or it could have been Brenda – I may have blacked out when she gave me the total!  However, when I woke up in my car later, I had a bag full of lovely things that I am not returning!   

Once I got home, I decided that red would be a good match with my cloud paper – and pulled out the scraps from my valentine cards.  Perfect match!  Plus – I pulled out the blank cards that I have and discovered the long cards/envelopes that I had purchased some time ago – perfect match for what I had in mind.  Wow, two things I already had on hand – must be a record for me!

The rest of the work was cutting paper, drawing on stitch lines and coloring my little rain girl.  I cut a cloud out of the paper to pop up over the colored / glittered rain drops.  I also used a new technique for ribbon – wrapping it around the card and gluing both ends of the tail together.  Makes for such a nice neat inside of the card – and with ribbon this wide, you don’t have any added bulk that a knot would add.  I finished the card with a little Glossy Accents on the puddle – you cannot have a dull matte finish puddle of water!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Poppy Parade) Stampin Up!
Patterned Paper: (Delight from Happy Go Lucky collection) Pebbles, (Great Day from daydreams collection) American Crafts
Stamp:  (Dancing in the Rain) Darcie’s
Ink:    (Rich Cocoa) Memento, VersaMark (Tsukineko), Chalk Ink (Punch, Latte) Hero Arts
Copics: (E00, E11, E13, E93) skin; (Y23, YR23, E35) Hair; (Y17, Y18, BG72, BG75, BG78, R24, R27, R29) clothing; C00, C1, C2, B000
Other:  Embossing Powder (White) Ranger, (glossy accents, crystal Stickles) Ranger,  (white uniball gel pen) Signo, (mini buttons) CR Trimmings, (buttons) Bazzil, (Labels 14) Spellbinders Nestabilities, (Kraft Long Notecards and Envelopes) Hero Arts, (white floss) DMC, (Baja Breeze grosgrain ribbon) Stampin Up!

1 comment: