Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cinderella Thank You

I have thought about a card I needed to make for over a week now – a thank you card for a sweet young woman in my office who ensures I eat, and most importantly, have caffeine when my day gets crazy (which is has been for the past few weeks).  It is not her job to “provide care and feeding” in addition to the analytical work that she must do, but she does it and I am most appreciative.  She, like me, loves all things Disney – and I wanted to make a card with her favorite character without making a “kiddy” card. 

So this card all started with a brass stencil of Cinderella and a brass charm of her shoe.  I purchased a bunch of Disney themed brass stencils, years ago – and they and the light box (purchased to work with them) have not been used in many years.  Which means that the light box did not come to mind at all last week – until I woke up this morning and thought “heh, I could use vellum / the light box and I could make the whole thing look like a cameo”!  I am so glad my mind works even while I am sleeping.

I used a sketch in the March issue of CardMaker magazine, a pad of paper I received as a gift for attending a crop at the last Scrapbook Expo and a pack of rub-ons for the sentiment.  The most exciting thing – no ink or stamps were used.  Wow, I cannot remember the last time that happened?  I also took an idea from my Aunt – I wrote my note on Eclipse masking tape – and stuck it inside the card – that way the card can be used again by the recipient – a wonderful way to have a handmade card continue on!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink, (French Roast) A Muse Studios, (vellum) Stampin Up!
Patterned Paper:  (Bella Bella Collection) My Mind’s Eye
Other:  (Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities dies) Spellbinders, (Thank you rubons) Jo-Ann Craft Essentials, (Baja Breeze dot ribbon) Stampin Up!, (mini brass charms, brass stencil) Plaid, crocheted braid

1 comment: