Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Very Herringbone Valentine

With the start of 2012 – I am swamped at work with a system implementation, which will last for the next 6 months or more.  Due to my schedule, I will not be giving many (if any) card classes, so I will try to provide better instructions with the cards I post on my blog.  I invite all my talented friends to follow along (and if you are inspired to create by one of my postings – share the link to your blog so that I can enjoy your handiwork, just leave it in the comments section)!

Today I decided to create a Valentine with a herringbone pattern piece using ¼ inch strips of various scraps of patterned paper by Pebbles.  These scraps came to me in the year end goodie bag I received by attending the last class of the year at Stampers Corner ( http://www.stamperscorner.net/).  I started by covering a 3 ½ X 4 ¾ inch piece of white cardstock with an adhesive sheet. 

Then I laid out my pattern starting with the bright pink strips of paper.  Then you just keep adhering paper until you have the entire cardstock covered – and then simply flip it over and trim off the excess.  It is actually very simple to do – cut out all your strips of paper first then make yourself comfortable in front of the tv.

I matted the herringbone piece onto the Pear Pizzazz piece (3 ¾ X 5 inches) of cardstock and then layered it onto a pink standard sized card.  I stamped the sentiment – then die cut it using the next to the largest heart, and then used the smallest heart to cut a window.  I also used the heart trio die by A Muse Studio and cut a small heart out of pink scrap paper.
Then I quickly colored the sentiment, inked all edges with the Malted Milk ink pad, layered the hearts onto the card front with foam squares – and embellished the heart and letters (except for the “n”) with crystal stickles.  Finally, I drew white stitching lines around the outside and on the letter “n” in the sentiment.  Hope you enjoy!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Pear Pizzazz) Stampin! Up
Patterned Paper:  (misc) Pebbles
Stamp:  (Festive & Fun) Stampin Up!
Ink:   (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Malted Milk) Jenni Bowlin for Ranger
Markers: (Pear Pizzazz, Barely Banana, Rose Red, Blushing Bride, Close to Cocoa) Stampin! Up
Dies:  (heart trio) A Muse Studio, (Classic Scalloped Hearts) Spellbinders
Other:  (crystal) Stickles by Ranger, Adhesive Sheets, (white gel pen) Uniball Signo

1 comment:

  1. Love the herringbone design! And easily duplicated in other colors.

    ReplyDelete