Sunday, January 15, 2012

Valentine's Day - Take Four

My second attempt at a masculine card for a valentine – I think I got a lot closer than the last!  My “advisor” suggested “no little girl stamps and no pink”. 

I started with black cardstock and stamped various hearts – waited for them to dry, then embossed a word heart in white and a solid heart in red embossing powder.  When working with dark cardstock, my suggestion is to use an embossing buddy or dryer sheet to remove any static from the cardstock prior to embossing - it makes for a tidier card.  I  finished the card base by rounding the bottom edges of the card.
Since I had no masculine valentine embellishments – I turned to my Tim Holtz ticket die and coordinating stamps – I stamped and cut out the little tickets, inked the edges and then added a little glitter to the “14”.  I also took a piece of white cardstock, cut it with my heart die, covered it in VersaMark ink and then in red embossing powder – this made a nice shiny red heart for my card (I dipped it into the embossing powder several times- heating in between each time).


SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Black) Stampin! Up
Stamp:  (Mad About You) Close to My Heart, (Odds and Ends) Tim Holtz/ Stampers Anonymous
Ink:   (VersaMark, Versafine) Tsukineko, (Fired Brick) Distress Ink, (bubblegum, shell) A Muse Studio
Markers: (Hair: Y11, Y21, E97)(Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20)(Shading: T1, T2, T3, 0) Copic
Dies:  (mini ticket set) Tim Holtz for Sizzix, (heart trio) A Muse Studio
Other:  silk ribbon, (memo pins) Tim Holtz, (Zing white embossing powder) American Crafts, (candy red embossing powder) ep101

No comments:

Post a Comment