Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Valentine’s Day Owl Queen

Today is my attempt at a vintage valentine.  A dear friend is a vintage fan, and I always attempt and aspire to make cards to give to her that will appeal to her vintage tastes.   I originally purchased the Darcie’s stamp set for a Halloween card but decided that the sentiment was cute and perfect for a valentine. 

I started the card by stamping the owl and sentiment, and cutting it out with the largest die heart.  Then I aged every piece of paper using a foam applicator by Ranger – starting with antique linen Distress Ink, then a little vintage photo Distress Ink, and then finishing with the antique linen – until all but the owl was “aged”.   I stamped the crown on a scrap of paper and covered the entire thing with the antique linen Distress Ink prior to cutting it out.  It gave it a really nice antique gold color. 

Then I just layered all the pieces together – and tied a “Nellie knot” with the red reclaimed ribbon (from Christmas pajamas – I am training my friends to save scraps for me!).  I hope she likes her “Owl Queen” card!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper:  (The Thrift Shop: Good Junk) October Afternoon
Stamp:  (Owl Be Queen) Darcie’s, (my aim is true) A Muse Studio
Ink:   (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (antique linen, vintage photo) Distress Ink by Ranger
Dies:  (Classic Scalloped Hearts) Spellbinders
Other:  reclaimed ribbon, (ruby red rhinestones) Queen & Co,  (baubles) Tim Holtz Idea-ology

1 comment:

  1. She'll love it! And amazing how fast you implemented the Jammie ribbon.

    ReplyDelete