Thursday, January 12, 2012

Valentine - Special Delivery

Well, ok then.  I started out today creating a masculine valentine – I had a little mail carrier stamp and some red print paper and it seemed to be a good start. I cannot really identify where it all went to “girly”.  It does make me laugh, when I look at it now!  Of course, the day went that way in general – nothing ended the way you would think it should – not a bad day, just “off”.

I started by stamping the image both on white cardstock and several different prints – since I planned on paper piecing and coloring with copics.  Again – as a helpful hint – stamp on the cardstock and then lay your spellbinders on top to cut after.

After coloring “Bree”, I basically just layered all the pieces of cardstock, patterned paper and the image on a square card base.  I added ribbon and buttons to finish the card.  Very simple, but definitely not the masculine card I planned to make – guess there is always tomorrow!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Poppy Parade) Stampin! Up
Patterned Paper:  (Happy Go Lucky paper collection) Pebbles
Stamp:  (Bree) The Greeting Farm, (essential sentiments) A Muse Studio
Ink:   (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Markers: (Hair: Y11, Y21, E97)(Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20)(Shading: T1, T2, T3, 0) Copic
Dies:  (Hearts A Plenty) MFT Die-namics, (Beaded Circles) Spellbinders
Other:  (crinkle ribbon) May Arts, (buttons) Close to My Heart, (embroidery floss) DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment