Monday, January 23, 2012

Raggedy Kind of Love

I thought I was done making Valentines this year – but then I went to Stampers Corner (in Elk Grove), my favorite shop.  I wandered the aisles, and found this paper pad of Raggedy Ann and Andy images – too cute!  My aunt loves this Raggedy duo, so I knew that I had to make her a special card. 

I selected one of the sheets of paper that had an image on the bottom corner and cut it to fit the front of a standard sized card.  Then I cut various size hearts out of the other patterns in the pad (an idea that I copied from http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/ ).  Then I distressed all the paper and layered it onto the card.  I tied some yarn through the buttons, adhering them to the card as well.  Then I added hearts onto the inside of the card next to the sentiment. 

Only then – and I am not proud of this next moment – I thought the card was too plain and decided to add the white stitching lines with a gel pen.  I can honestly say that it is much easier to mark stitching lines onto things that have not been pop dotted/foam squared/elevated/etc. …much easier.  I never said I liked to take the easy route!
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Ragamuffin 6X6 paper pad) by Iron Orchid Designs for Creative Imaginations
Stamp:  (Celebrate Everyday) Hero Arts
Ink:   Distress Ink (Antique Linen) Ranger, (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Dies: (hearts a plenty) My Favorite Things, (heart trio) A Muse Studios
Other:  yarn, (White Uniball gel pen) Signo

No comments:

Post a Comment