Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.  Christmas has been packed away in my home – and now I am looking forward to warm weather, which will arrive in a few months if we are lucky! 

I saw this stamp set in the CTMH catalog and just had to have it.  I stamped the lanterns directly on the card – but my “advisor” suggested I pop them up with foam squares (sticky fixers per my British magazine – if I understand the terms correctly).  The popping up of the lanterns resulted in everything on the card being raised up to one layer or another – there are three layers on this simple card.  Since I did not have a ribbon that matched, I hauled out my trusty (and unused) paper crimper and created my own ribbon.



This is my attempt at a simpler card style (New Years' resolutions and all) and I really do like how it turned out – the little lanterns look so festive!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey
Printed Paper:  (Lemonade 6X6 collection) Basic Grey
Stamp:  (Paper Lantern) Close To My Heart
Ink:   (Cranberry, Grass)  A Muse Studio, (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Yellow Ochre) Colorbox Chalk Ink
Other: decorative brad, paper crimper

1 comment: