Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chinese New Year

Monday is Chinese New Year – and I want to wish my friends and their families - good luck, happiness and prosperity in the New Year!

This card was so fun to make and simple.  I just made my own patterned paper with Versamark ink, stamps and gold embossing powder – stamping the large Bamboo stamp first and then the small stamps from “Chinese Dolls” indicating prosperity and happiness (finish all stamping with the Versamark ink prior to sprinkling with embossing powder).  Then I colored my little doll with markers and added gold accents with the gold gel pen. 
I finished the card with gold ribbon and a token.  Inside the card I stamped a sentiment and repeated the symbols for prosperity and happiness (embossed in gold). 

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Red notecard and envelope) Hero Arts, (gold glitter) American Crafts
Stamp:  (Chinese Dolls, Everyday Sayings) Hero Arts, (Bamboo II) Stampin Up!
Ink:   Versamark, (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Copics: E00, E000, R20, R29, R27, R24, Y28, 0, T1, T2
Other:  Embossing Powder (Gold) Ranger, (Gold Uniball Broad pen) Signo, (tokens) CR Trimmings, gold ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment