Thursday, November 17, 2011

Winter Bird

When I see little red birds, I always think of one of my aunts – not sure, but it always makes me smile.  Today I turned a “chickadee” into a red bird, and used a new technique – cracked Utee.  I stamped the next to the smallest snowflake from the Christmas Glamor stamp set, with Iced Spruce ink.  Then I punched it out with the ¾” punch.  I covered the image in Versamark Ink, and then covered it with Utee, and heated it until it melted.  While the enamel was still hot, I covered it in Utee and heated it again.  I repeated this process, heating three layers of Utee on each snowflake.  Once cool, I cracked the image and rubbed Iced Spruce ink into the creases. 
You will also notice that instead of coloring the background of the stamped image, I choose a coordinating paper, stamped the same bird image and cut out.  Then I layered my bird upon the printed and white stamped images.  So the bird image was stamped three times, once on the die cut white paper, once on a coordinating print and again, on a scrap of white paper.  Now, some folks can probably color the background beautifully, but it was quicker for me to fussy cut – it is just whatever you are good at, cutting or coloring.

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Snowed In 6X6 paper pad) My Mind’s Eye,  (Forever Christmas Card Paper Stack) Hot Off the Press
Stamps:  (Christmas Glamor) TPC Studio, (Chickadee) Stampendous
Ink:   Distress Ink (Iced Spruce) Ranger,  (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Versamark) Tsukineko
Copics: R24, R27, R29, Y17, BG78, C00, C1, C2
Other:  (Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large) Spellbinders, (Utee Thick Embossing Enamel, White Embossing Powder) Ranger, (Uniball white gel) Signo, (Distress Stickles in Antique Linen, Shabby Shutters, Tarnished Brass) Ranger, (Bakers twine – brown) Papertrey Ink, (¾” punch) Stampin Up

2 comments:

  1. Just lovely...I love that the bird also has a nice memory attached for you. Great use of that background!

    ReplyDelete