Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweater Weather

Day 8 of the Holiday Boot Camp centered on techniques – and I could not figure out which technique I wanted to try – distress ink/stain background, a gatefold card or Copic coloring.  I ended up choosing all.  The only one I have not tried is the crackle Utee – and that is probably coming on my next card.
I wanted to color the little Anya character and change her boho chic clothing into a sweater and faux fur trimmed hat.  I ended up coloring her skin and hair, then paper piecing her clothing to give a bit more texture to her outfit.
In addition, I tried out a new craft item called “le pouf” by A*muse Studios.  Things I have learned – let everything dry, and put on the “le pouf” and heat set it prior to coloring with the Copics.  The heat seemed to dry out and fade the coloring, in my opinion.  I like “le pouf” though – it produces a nice true white fluff look – just perfect for a winter hat and scarf!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (grass, olive) A*muse Studio
Patterned Paper: (grass dotted) Amuse, (Write the cards, Sing the carols) Very Merry collection October Afternoon
Stamp:  (Wonderland – for sentiment) Dear Lizzy for American Crafts, (Beanie Anya) The Greeting Farm, (Flourish Background) Hero Arts, (glistening snow) CTMH
Ink:   Distress Ink (Broken China, Pumice Stone, Tattered Rose, Iced Spruce, Shabby Shutters) Ranger, Distress Stain (Picket Fence) Ranger, (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Copics: E00, E11, E13, E35, Y23, YR23, R20
Other:  Embossing Powder (White) Ranger, (Le Pouf) A*muse Studio, (crystal Stickles) Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment