Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Poinsettia Christmas

I am on a roll (if two cards in two days is any real indication).  This image is not really my style – a bit vintage, but when I saw the stamp, I had to buy it because the stamp is pre-shaded and does a lot of the coloring work for you.  The card is based on a sketch from the http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/hcbc2011/  - so many great ideas!

Things I have learned today – stamp the image on the piece of paper, then punch it out.  It is just one of the simple things in crafting, which sometimes take so many attempts to learn.  I added the ring of gold dots using my Uniball pen – it dawned on me that if the white gel pen can make faux stitching then the silver and gold pens can do the same thing (just another simple thing as mentioned prior). 
I really should make a video of my card making "techniques” – it would make everyone in my card making group feel so much better about their own talents (and give a few laughs to everyone watching).  When you just see the finished product, it is misleading since you do not see the struggle (at least for me) that went into it.  Maybe I will just gather up all the failed bits of card to share?  Even this card has a "mess up" on it - bottom right corner - see it?  Just another lesson in card making - let the gel ink dry before fussing with card!
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Vineyard Berry) CTMH
Printed Paper: (Nordic Holiday 6X6 Paper pad) Basic Grey
Stamp:  (Christmas Postcard) Stampin Up
Ink:   Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs) Ranger, (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Copics: G14, G24, G29, Y28, R29, R59, RV99, (clear) Spica
Other:   (Uniball Gold) Sanford,  (green button) CTMH, (Giga Scallop Circle punch) Marvy Uchida, (gold ribbon) May Arts

5 comments:

  1. loverly!! I am on the same roll....2 cards in 1 day amazing at least for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage feel and traditional colors. Beautifully done! :)

    ReplyDelete