Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Merry Ornaments

Hello!  It is still me, but I have changed the blog color – at least until the Christmas card postings are finished – the orange paisley was a bit much of a contrast. 

This is the third and final card using the Day 6 sketches provided by the instructors at Holiday Boot Camp.  I can only say thank you to them for the great inspiration! Plus a big thank you to all my fellow students for the lovely comments!


Unfortunately, the photo does not do this card justice – I just couldn’t pick up the pearly shimmer of the ornaments with my camera (each was dusted with perfect pearls after stamping).  I have mentioned before that my camera work is elementary at best.  I am very happy with the way my ornament “ties” worked out – I glued the ornaments to the patterned frost paper and then punched holes through both with my hole punch.  The strength of two sheets of heavy weight paper was perfect to hold up to the string tying.  Then I hauled out the trusty Scotch tape – and taped the string in one place on the back so that the ties did not shift.


You may wonder why I showed the inside of this card – and it is simply that I found the perfect “shadow” color to stamp an image inside – not too yellow or to greyish.  Sometimes instead of paper etc. decorating the inside, I prefer to just stamp a faint image from the front (or a complimentary stamp) – but I have not been pleased with the color until now – Jenni Bowlin Malted Milk for Ranger is perfect.  Love the color!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Printed Paper:  (glazed apple, frost) Eskimo Kisses collection Basic Grey
Stamp:  (Decorative Ornament) Hero Arts, (Winter Pin Pals) Darcie’s
Ink:   (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (festive berries Distress Ink) Ranger , (sky, grass, cranberry ink pads) A*muse Studios, (malted milk) Jenni Bowlin for Ranger
Other: (Perfect Pearl) Perfect Pearls by Ranger, (black fine tip pen) Creative Memories, (twine) Papertrey Ink, Scotch tape

No comments:

Post a Comment