Monday, November 14, 2011

Holly Jolly Rudolph

I finally had time to begin the Holiday Boot Camp – mercifully, all videos are available for “replay” so you do not have to keep up but can work at your own speed.  As always, I love all the ideas that Jennifer and Kristina share (along with the talented guests). 
This card is made using a sketch provided in the class, and I knew which of my stamps I had to use first.  Amy at http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/ used the same little Rudolph - and I adored her card – enough to have a little shopping frenzy. 
Rudolph is colored with Copics, and I added glossy accents for a shiny nose.  To speed things along, I cut the bulbs out of glitter cardstock and just used a little liquid adhesive to hold them in place.  My thought while coloring was that I possibly have no idea what a real reindeer looks like, much less its coloring – so I apologize to the animal experts out there (or reindeer experts) for my shoddy knowledge.


SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink
Printed Paper: (Peppermint Twist paper pad) Brenda Walten for K&Company, (Christmas Winter Combo Glitter mat stack) DCWV
Stamp:  (Reindeer Lights) CC Designs, (Handy Christmas Greetings) Amy R Stamps
Ink:   Distress Ink (Gathered Twigs) Ranger, (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Copics: R24, R27, YG23, G17, E33, E35, E39, E47, 100, C00, C1, C2, W7 (antlers), (clear) Spica
Other:   (Glossy Accents) Ranger, (Details Lizzy Tradition) American Crafts, (Uniball Silver) Sanford,  (Christmas Bulbs die) CC Designs, (Labels Four die) Spellbinders

9 comments:

  1. So cute and this sketch shows off the reindeer perfectly. The border is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is the reindeer?! Love how you used the lights for the scallop border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. The shape of the card is perfect for stringing the lights.. He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love LOVE!! Whimsical, fun and HAPPY cards are always my favorites! This is adorable!! So happy you shared it in Boot Camp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute, and even better in person! I love the sparkly lights and curved edge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I received it in the mail. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete