Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blast Off Birthday Card

 I spent a few hours this morning on a card for my friend’s son.  I thought it would take 30 minutes maximum to finish – but apparently since I am not a boy – it is hard to take what I like and translate to the audience (a first grader) something that they will like.  I will not know until his birthday, but knowing him, when nobody is looking, he will take the card out and play with it (at least to see the googly eyes bounce)!  I really love how the Fluorescent Yellow Orange Copic ink almost glows off the page – which makes the inside of the card my favorite part. 

I used several different stamp companies in this card – especially for the planets.   While I was using the arrow stamp – it reminded me how difficult some clear stamps are.  In this case – this company’s stamps cannot tolerate any pressure put to them because it immediately flattens the stamp – distorting the image.  Fortunately, this stamp set was gift from a friend – so I have just learned to work with it.



SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey, (silver glitter) DCWV, misc. blue cardstock scraps
Stamp:  (happy everything) Amuse Studios, (robots) Recollections by Michaels, (fun & Funky Arrows) Hot Off the Press, (seeing spots) Stampin Up
Ink:   Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire) Ranger, (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Copics:  B23, B24, B26, FB2, FY1, R14, C00, C1, C2, C3
Other:  (Stardust) Stickles, (silver fox) Smooch, googly eyes, Glossy Accents

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous!!! The little boy will LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete