Thursday, September 15, 2011

Online Class Day 3

Yesterday’s class focused on techniques involving dry embossing and die cutting – so my little Cuttlebug got quite the workout!  I actually like all the cards I made (though I was still finishing them up this morning)!   I cannot wait until tomorrow – my friend is coming over and we are going to do the class together (plus go out for an amazing lunch)! 
Anyway, back to day 3, my first card is using the embossed glossy technique – I focused on snowflakes and made a Christmas card (one down, with many more to go).  Since I didn’t have a snowflake die, I used a hexagon punch since it reminded of the shape of many snowflakes.  I laughed later because the sentiment and the scheme (cool blue colors and snowflakes) seemed such a contrast!

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Glossy White) Ranger, scraps of blue probably Bazzill
Stamp:  (Snowflakes) Stampin Up
Ink:  Distress Ink (Faded Jeans, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire) Ranger, (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Other:  (Perfect Pearls mister) Ranger, (gemstones) Hero Arts, vintage glass buttons, (felt snowflakes) Stampin Up, (Oval, Scallop Oval) Nestabilities, (Hexagon large, small, shape maker) Creative Memories

The second card is using the Altered Color Embossing technique – I immediately thought of those candies that are dots on paper strips – so bright and fun (although not really very tasty if I remember correctly?).  Plus I had to remember how to fold a pinwheel since I wanted the dimension – not sure you can tell in the photo but I actually used the pinwheel stamp, covered it with the dimensional pinwheel, colored the handle and added Glossy Accents.


SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink,  (Crystal Blue) CTMH
Patterned Paper:  (stripes, dots) Doodlebug – I cut of the tabs to tell the exact name – but there is also a blue equivalent strip called Dragonfly stripe (for those folks needing a less “pink” card)
Stamp:  (Life of the Party Birthday) Hero Arts
Ink:    (Tuxedo Black) Memento
Copics:  R21, RV02, BG10, B01, Y21, G14, E71
Other:  (glitter brads) Doodlebug, (Glossy Accents) Ranger, Stickles (Rock Candy Distress, Diamond) Ranger, (Labels Four) Nestabilities

The final card used the Letterpress technique (I should say “Faux” in front).  I had many, many attempts at the background before I was finally happy with the color and design.


SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink, (New England Ivy) CTMH
Patterned Paper:  (Thrift Shop collection) October Afternoon
Stamp:  (Find Joy) Hero Arts
Ink:    (French Roast) Amuse Studios, Shadow Ink (Soft Sand, Soft Brown) Hero Arts
Other:  (Flower Layers #6) Sizzix/Basic Grey, antique lace,  (Blush dots, gemstones, pearls) Hero Arts

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy with making cards from the class, I have only done a couple. Your cards are beautiful, great job. Sounds like a great idea to have friend with you and lunch, yum.

    ReplyDelete