Saturday, September 17, 2011

Online Class Day 5

Today’s card was done using the techniques of Pearlized Distress Resist and Distress Stamping – and to be honest, it’s too close to the example given by Jennifer McGuire to be called my own (just the color and stamps were changed).  However, I love the card – especially since there is no colored cardstock or printed paper anywhere!  Jennifer has definitely taught me to add leaves to my flowers – something I’d never really done before – this time the flower was stamped a second time, colored with green and cut out for leaves.  Plus – the bonus today was finding out that you just needed one glue dot to make a felt flower – not the massively glued one I made two weeks ago!  I’m sure I’m not the only one “in class” to have a few “aha” moments.  If you have ever taken a art/craft class - what kind of "aha" moment did you have?


SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey, (Watercolor) Hero Arts
Stamp:  (Old Letter, Small Sweet Petals, Find Joy) Hero Arts
Ink:   Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint) Ranger, Distress Stain (Broken China) Ranger, (Rich Cocoa) Memento
Other:  (pearls) Hero Arts, (Perfect Pearls mister) Ranger, Embossing Powder (White) Ranger


4 comments:

  1. Hi Annette ) I really LOVE this card and LOVE LOVE LOVE the wonderful color combination. I do not have that background stamp, but think I'm gong to have to add it to my wish list!! Ever since I took my first class with Jennifer, I've become addicted to Hero Arts stamps and love everything she shares! :)

    See you again in class ! I'm happy you are sharing your projects, it's wonderful inspiration !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed all your cards from the class - what fun we are having - I am still working on class one :)

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty colors together and even more fun because I got to make it with you on my mini weekend!

    ReplyDelete