The second day of my online class was what I’ll call an implementation day, where you implement the techniques learned the day before. Since part of my goal is to learn and grow (so to speak), I made a determined effort not to use any of the stamps etc. that the instructor or guest instructor used. Hence, I basically sealed my own doom, and I had to struggle to come up with even one card. In fact this morning, I tore off part of the card and redid it. While I’m happier today with the card, it still just doesn’t seem complete to me.
Things I learned or practiced during the making of this card - practiced the Kissed Resist technique, made my own background stamp from smaller stamps, learned that acrylic word charms should be chalked so that the words can be seen, that a bottle of glossy accents should not be squeezed too hard if it’s jammed up, and that the craft mat is invaluable (and that glossy accents really cleans up off of it)!
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Glossy White) Ranger, miscellaneous scraps
Stamp: (Butterflies and Print, Flower Dot Pattern) Hero Arts/Basic Grey
Ink: (Misty Meadow chalk queue) ColorBox, (Vintage Photo) Ranger
Other: (Clear acrylic tags, Sassy strands) CTMH, (Green Galore stamping pastel) Stampin Up, (Black Soot distress stickles, Perfect Pearls mister) Ranger, buttons