Monday, September 12, 2011

Online Class Day 1

Day 1 of my online class was so much fun!  We learned 5 techniques – and created 4 cards with those techniques.  While some of my cards are similar to the instructor's (full credit to Jennifer McGuire), I think I varied them enough to make them mine.  Plus I used up some orphan pieces of paper in my stash that I wasn’t sure I’d ever use!  I’ve even managed to get all the paint and ink off my hands – basically a successful day.
After an errand to get my cell phone bill corrected, I’ll be right back into the mix for the day 2 class! 
Special thanks to Shelley, who took one look at the Halloween card and said, “add a spider”.  I did, and I think it just finishes it off perfectly.




For this last card - posted to the class gallery - here are the list of "indgredients":

SUPPLIES:
Patterned paper: (Aqua Shock, BFF and Chocolate Fix from Jocelyn Collection) SEI
Stamp:  (Antique Engraving, Wildflower Garden) Hero Arts
Ink:  (Broken China Distress stain) Ranger, (Shabby Shutters ink pad) Ranger  - I layered both to get a deep blue green color - truly an accident
Other:  (Sticky Back Canvas) Ranger, vintage buttons, (white embossing powder) Hero Arts, Ranger Perfect pearls mister 

2 comments:

  1. Love the glossy one and the fabric flower. Can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every one of your cards so far--I like all of your use of color. This one really pops too! Dorothy

    ReplyDelete