Monday, September 12, 2011

British Magazines and OnLine Class

I started my online class today, taught by the very talented Jennifer McGuire - I naively thought I'd have completed today's lesson and have a post tonight filled with my creations.  However, this class is just so amazing -  a ton of techniques and cards for each technique - hours later I'm still working (and having a terrific time)!  So here is last weekend's project and post - maybe tomorrow I can post today's work!




I am really loving how British craft magazines always include a little craft goodie – paper, shimmer pots, chipboard each month!  My challenge is that each time I buy another $12 import – I have to use the ‘goodie’, or give it away.  It is not to be added to my stash, my clip it up, my closet, my box of shame, my IKEA drawers, none of them!
So, I got the latest Simply Cards and Papercraft, and attached to it was a set of papers by Craftworkcards.  Since the colors of the paper pack were right up my league, I pulled out a few supplies and came up with four simple cards – all very similar but different.  The best part of the whole project, besides four more cards to put in my sale bin, was the fun of making my first felt rose using a die that had been sitting around for a month!
You might ask, sale bin?  I make more cards than I need, so I keep the ones I love – and I either give away, ship to Operation Write Home, or put in the sale bin at my favorite Creative Memories consultant’s house (joggingby.blogspot.com).  Her mother is my best client – thank you, Maureen!
SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink, (Slate) Amuse Studios
Patterned paper: (Botanicals) Craftworkcards
Stamp: (essential sentiments, studio sampler 3) Amuse Studios
Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento, (Slate) Amuse Studios
Other: (Slate Felt) Amuse Studios, (Buttons) Bo Bunny, (die) My Favorite Things

1 comment:

  1. I got a card from the bin the other day - there is money in the box for you!

    ReplyDelete