Sunday, September 18, 2011

Online Class Day 6

Another great day of “Art” – I’ve only managed one card today which seems to be the norm for the “implement the techniques you learned the day before” days.  On this card, I’ve distressed everything I could get my hands on (including the flowers prior to rolling them and the ribbon) - I've probably used all the techniques learned yesterday!  I didn’t have the picket fence Distress stain – so made do with the snow cap Acrylic Paint Dabber, used sparingly.  I over spritzed what was to be a pink rose several attempts in a row, so in the end I just grabbed the Prima pebble with a pink rose on it.  Do I have any advice?  - Let the trimming dry completely prior to putting on card – while I have some cool Broken China castoff on my card – it wasn’t planned, if you get my drift.
Plus, during this past week, I had to come up with ideas and the card kits for my favorite Creative Memories consultant (http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/shelley).  Each year, she hosts two major crops – National Scrapbook Day, and Croptoberfest.  She always gives out goodie bags for each attendee, and for the past two years (at least), she has included a card kit that I create.  So this year, all attendees will be able to make a waterfall card and two monster boxes, all made from this year’s new CM colors. 


SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: (White, Vintage Cream) Papertrey
Patterned Paper:  (Berry Splash from Strawberry Kisses Collection) Prima Marketing
Stamp:  (Graph Background, Find Joy) Hero Arts, (Songbird) Prima Marketing
Ink:   Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Broken China, Tattered Rose) Ranger, Distress Stain (Broken China) Ranger, (Onyx Black Versafine) Tsukineko
Other:  (Perfect Pearls mister) Ranger, Embossing Powder (Clear) Ranger, Acrylic Paint Dabber (Snow Cap) Ranger, (Trimmings, Philosophy Tags) Tim Holtz Idea-ology, (Pebbles) Prima Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment